Cathedral Home for Children
Reports To: Healthcare Coordinator
Employee Status: Full or Part Time, Non-exempt
General Purpose: To implement and maintain medication management, initial client assessments and screenings, medical discharge, and routine vaccinations. This individual is expected to maintain a healthy staff-client relationship with all clients.
What I’m Responsible For (Essential Functions): The following statements regarding this non -exempt level position consist of duties, responsibilities, frequency, describing the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee filling this position. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Professionally and accurately complete client medication management, general first aid, and nursing support.
- Assist with medication self-administration program and provides on-going quality assurance monitoring and training as needed.
- Assist in administering and monitoring the Tuberculosis and Infection Control Program.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of individual client needs, abilities, and feelings including both developmental and cultural needs. Aware of emotions and behaviors typical of children who have been abused, neglected, and traumatized.
- Participate in the on-going assessment of the health and safety policies of the agency.
- Accurately create and maintain a current and accurate medication list for all clients.
- Effectively navigate client records to access information necessary to schedule medical appointments and/or complete provider paperwork.
- Accurate and timely completion of records, filing, forms, and other electronic systems based on input from various sources including providers, medical, and/or direct care staff.
- Understand and comply with HIPAA regulations and maintains the confidentiality of CHC clients and employees in all situations including outside of normal business hours.
- Complete reports on a variety of healthcare processes as needed.
- Recognize and complies with unique security and safety requirements of the department to include notifying on-call staff when necessary.
- Perform physical holds/restraints and knows “Six Rights” of the clients in the self-administration of medication process.
- Maintain appropriate level of professionalism regarding boundaries and relationships with clients.
- Professionally communicate with staff, clients, outside vendors both verbally and in writing.
- Attend meetings as needed and as directed by the supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelor’s Degree and one year of RN experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Active license through the State of Wyoming required.
- Twenty one years of age at time of hire required.
- Clean background/drug/national abuse and neglect/sex offender registry checks required.
- Clean driving record (no more than two moving violations in the previous three years or a DUI/careless driving ticket in the previous five years)
- Experience working with at risk youth preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Competencies) necessary to be successful in what I do:
- Initiative. Complete assigned duties with little to no supervision in a timely manner.
- Adaptable and Flexible. Adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Administration. Completes written correspondence, forms, and data entry accurately.
- Teamwork. Able to work cohesively with all departments. Share’s knowledge.
- Customer Service. Professionally provide internal and external customers with timely and accurate information.
- Communication. Provide complete, thorough, and detailed guidance in written or spoken form. Listens to understand and provides alternative solutions when necessary.
- Occupational. Demonstrate appropriate behaviors and expectations. Familiar with, interprets, and follows policy and laws regarding HIPAA and other laws, regulations, policy, etc.
- Accountable. Takes ownership for responsibilities and actions. Completes necessary training.
- Attention to detail. Accurately and timely in documentation, reports, and general correspondence.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Primarily performed in a temperature controlled office setting with long periods of sitting, computer work, use of fingers and hands and eyes. May periodically travel or walk to other facilities where exposure to the elements occurs. Standing may be required for short periods while delivering training or presentations. Physical contact while performing job duties is minimal. Potentially may use physical holds/restraints on clients. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.